1. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY POLCIY
a. Notice of Privacy Practices
Practices,” which describes how protected health information that users submit to Recovery
Addiction Services through the Website is used and disclosed, along with users’ and other
individuals’ rights with respect to such information. The Notice of Privacy Practices may be
viewed via the following link: NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
c. Consent to Privacy Terms
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or revealing personal information about yourself. You (or your personal representative) can, however, voluntarily provide personal information, which refers to:
- Contact information (such as the names, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of users and/or their loved ones)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, gender, marital status, and zip code)
- Health Insurance information (such as insurance provider information, insurance policy information, and information concerning the policy-holder and insured)
- Financial information (such as social security number, bank account information, or credit card information)
- Health Information (such as information concerning the health condition and/or symptoms of users and/or their loved ones, or information required for routine intake)
If you choose to interact on the Website – such as by registering, applying for products or services, submitting orders, questionnaires, surveys, or requests for information, or using mobile applications or social media platforms – Recovery Addiction Services will collect the personal information that you (or your personal representative) provide. We may enhance or merge the information that you provide to us directly with information from other sources, including third parties, or merge your personal information with data regarding how you use our site, for the purposes described below.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Recovery Addiction Services may collect, maintain, and use the personal information submitted by users via the Website for the following purposes:
- Helping to establish and verify users’ identity
- Gathering information concerning individuals’ health insurance coverage;
- Evaluating which resources will best meet users’ needs, and coordinating the disclosure of such resources to users;
- Processing requests submitted by users;
- Marketing services to you;
- Responding to your inquiries or other requests;
- Contacting you when necessary;
- Keeping a record of our transactions and communications;
- Maintaining the security and integrity of our systems;
- Protecting the health, safety or welfare of others; and
- Complying with legal requirements, complying with legal process, or defending our legal rights.
4. BROWERS/IP LOGGING AND COOKIES
Recovery Addiction Services also collects certain non-personal information and aggregate information about you to help us analyze and improve the usefulness of our Website. “Non- personal information” includes information that does not directly identify you personally, but provides us with anonymous “usage data,” such as the number of unique visitors we receive, what pages are visited most often, and the navigation preferences and characteristics of our visitors. Examples of such non-personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a user’s computer for purposes of storing information about a user’s preferences, to deliver content specific to your interests, or to maximize the performance of our Website and services. Cookies do not personally identify users (such as by collecting your name or address), but they do assign a unique data element to each visitor so that the Website can recognize repeat users, track usage patterns, and better serve you when you return to the Website.
- Browser information: Web browsers collect and store information about the type of device and operating system you are using to access our Website, as well as your device’s MAC address for facilitating network communications. Accessing this information helps us to establish a secure and consistent connection to you during your visits to our website.
- IP Address: An Internet Protocol address is a number that automatically identifies the computer or machine you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server identify your geographic location and to send you the webpages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider.
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from a web site browser. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you have your browser set to private browsing, or refuse or delete cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website.
5. USAGE, SHARING AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION AND DATA SUBMITTED BY USERS
Recovery Addiction Services utilizes the information that users enter via the Website (or otherwise provide to us by other means, if any) to provide resources which best match each user’s circumstances. Recovery Addiction Services may provide information received from users to those unaffiliated companies, agents or contractors (“Third Parties”) who provide or furnish the resources matching users’ circumstances, and Recovery Addiction Services may have agreements with those Third Parties which provide compensation to Recovery Addiction Services. However, Recovery Addiction Services is not compensated on the basis of providing any particular user’s information to Third Parties or others. Rather, Recovery Addiction Services is compensated on a subscription basis, independent of providing user information to Third Parties, and Recovery Addiction Services maintains a strict policy prohibiting it from entering into and/or performing any agreement or relationship with Third Parties or others which would otherwise provide for it be compensated in exchange for providing to Third Parties any user information received via the Website. Recovery Addiction Services does not sell users’ personal information to any Third Party or to others.
Recovery Addiction Services may disclose your personal information, and/or other information submitted to Recovery Addiction Services via the Website, to Third Parties for the following reasons:
- We may use Third Parties to help us maintain and operate our Websites, to provide you with resources that you have requested, or for other reasons related to the operation of our business (including the information uses listed above).
- In the event we provide personal information to Third Parties, they are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide the required services for us, unless otherwise authorized by you.
- We reserve the right to release your personal information if required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order, upon request of government authorities, or as reasonably necessary to protect Recovery Addiction Services, the individuals that Recovery Addiction Services serves, or the public.
We may also disclose to Third Parties (or allow Third Parties to compile) your non-personal information from the cookies, web beacons, or other technologies on our Website for purposes including but not limited to measuring site activity and providing a better user experience. Your personal information and non-personal information may be stored in Recovery Addiction Services databases, affiliated company or subsidiary databases, or databases managed by Third Party Service providers, which are located within and outside of the United States. Your information will be automatically transferred to these databases for storage and maintenance. These databases may be located in countries where privacy rules differ and may be less stringent than those of the United States.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Our Websites’ web pages may embed plugs-ins, widgets, or other apps of various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. An example of such a plug-in is Facebook’s “Like” button. When you encounter those embedded objects, your internet browser may make a direct connection to the social media platform’s service and may share information such as which of our Websites you have visited. Our Websites may also be made available through third party social media platforms.
Recovery Addiction Services takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your information, including use of appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards. The nature of the Internet, however, prevents us from guaranteeing the confidentiality of information we receive through the Website or via e-mail. Therefore, please do not use e-mail or this Website to communicate information to us that you consider to be confidential.
Recovery Addiction Services does not intentionally collect personal information from children under 13 years of age, and children under age 13 should not submit any personal information to us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, or a parent or guardian of a child contacts us through the contact information provided below, we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
Recovery Addiction Services
ATTN: Privacy Office
7131 Darby Ave, Suite C
Reseda, CA 91335
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS